layering perfume – the ultimate in self expression
Layering perfume is the art of combining fragrances to create a unique scent combination. Although it’s trending heavily this year, it’s not a new idea, people have been layering scents as long as they’ve been wearing perfume…. We’re talking Egyptian.
These days, layering perfume is a great way to ensure you’re not wearing the same fragrance as everyone else at the party (not naming names). Natural fragrances like Abel already evolve a lot on your skin (making the scent unique to you), but even so, layering is fun and a dynamic way to wear and experience scent.
Instead of layering perfume directly on top of one another, we love to let the fragrance composition sing by layering fragrances on different parts of the body or your clothes (after all, our master perfumer Isaac spent many thousands of trials perfecting a harmonious composition!).
"Let the fragrance composition sing by layering fragrances on different parts of the body or your clothes."
Tips for layering:
- If you do want to layer perfume directly on top of another, spray the heavier of the fragrances first so it doesn’t suffocate the lighter fragrance
- Don’t forget about your hair, scarf and clothes as layering options
- Your first “layer” can be a scented body oil or lotion
- Generally scents from the same olfactory family (see Michael Edwards fragrance wheel) are the easiest to layer
- Don’t be intimidated, there are no rules, enjoy experimenting!